Skills and attributes for success
- Make technical contributions to Japanese business tax advisory and compliance engagements and internal projects
- Review income tax returns for complex organizations in diverse and specialized industries
- Identify tax savings and risk reducing opportunities for Japanese clients
- Prepare estimated tax liabilities to assist the client in meeting its tax payment obligations
- Contribute to presenting our work and its findings to the Japanese clients
- Build on technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and technical authorities and apply them to moderately complex situations.
- Determine whether the work is properly executed, documented and concluded in compliance with our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines
- Help to develop and guide staff and other junior tax professionals by providing effective performance feedback and ensuring team responsibilities are consistent with skills and developmental goals.
- Actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships
- To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or a related field (MBA, Masters of Tax and LLM a plus) with strong academic credentials
- A minimum of 5 years of corporate tax experiences gained from public accounting firm
- Professional accountancy qualification, such as CPA, CTA,etc.
- Proven client management and strong negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- N1 Certificate
- Good spoken English and Japanese